2.18.2007

And now, for something you'll really love..

I was watching some television over the weekend. And I saw an ad for eharmony. You know eharmony right? The online dating service? Or should I say "compatibility-matching" service? Anywho, they were offering free communication for this weekend. So I decided to give it a whirl. Here's how it went down:

1. I signed up and completed a lengthy questionnaire (maybe like 100-150 questions). In return , eharmony gave me the results in a nice little report.

2. eharmony then takes all those questions that you answered and tries to match you up with people who are like you (or maybe would be a good fit for you, I dunno). I got five matches right off the bat (hello to Stephanie, Naomi, Kim, Kassie and Diane). Then it's up to you whether or not you want to "make contact" with one or any of your matches.

3. To "make contact" you are given 57 questions, of which you choose five for your match to answer. The questions are all over the board from "How do you feel about food?" to "In a marriage how would you feel if the woman made significantly more money than the man?" You send them the questions and they answer them.

4. When they answer your questions, they also send you five questions for you to answer. Once you answer those and she gets your answers, then you exchange what they call "must haves" and "can't haves." They give you like 40 things to pick from and you pick the ten most important in each category.

5. Then you go back and repeat step #3. Keep in mind that up until this time, you have still not communicated with this person outside of eharmony's pre-set questions. Only after you have both completed this final step, are you then able to have what eharmony calls "open communication."

6. What I haven't mentioned, is that at any time either party can choose to close communications and it ends there. Since I do not have the money or necessarily the will to keep up with this process, I will be closing all my communications tomorow (when the free trial ends).

So there ya go. Tomorrow I'll wow you with the questions I chose for my matches.

1 Comments:

On 18.2.07, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

So I'm going to admit.......I tried the eharmony thing. I only signed up for a month. 99% of the matches made it past the essay questions then asked for my picture. Once they saw my picture they closed me out based on "no chemistry". So much for taking a deeper look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home