3.07.2008

Best Road Trips Ever

So as I was perusing various baseball websites a few days ago, I harkened back to some baseball roadtrip adventures that I experienced and that got me thinking about memorable roadtrips in general.  So for your amusment (and for some of you, refreshment), I bring you the top five road trip experiences (in no particular order).  There are two qualifiers for this top five list.  One, is that it could not have occurred with any family members.  Two, it has to have occurred with at least one other person (I am prone to wander alone if necessary).  So without further ado......
 
Top Five Roadtrip Experiences..
 
1.  Disney World (1997) - Two of my roommates and I eschewed the rest of our senior class and headed down to Disney World for our own little trip.  It took us 16 hours to get there with two of us driving (the third roommate chose to sleep).  And we got our pictures taken with that red-haired girl....
 
2.  Chicago (1999?) - One of my old roommates and I flew out to the windy city to take in a reunion show of one of our favorite bands, The Prayer Chain.  Also, this was the weekend when I learned to hate cats.
 
3.  Cedar Point (2005?) - Three friends and I drove out to Sandusky, Ohio to take on the roller coaster capital of the USA, Cedar Point.  I cried and we got stuck in a lovely traffic jam.  And we ate dinner at Applebee's.
 
4.  Greensboro (2002?) - My dad and I trooped down to Greensboro, NC for the first round of the Men's NCAA Basketball tournament.  We had great seats about seven or eight rows from the court.  And we got to eat at Biscuitville.
 
5.  San Francisco (2007) - A friend and I winged it out to San Fran for approx. 25 hours in the city.  I had a crepe for the first time and spent some serious time on the cable cars.

3 Comments:

On 8.3.08, Blogger matt declared...

No Wrigley Field?

 
On 10.3.08, Blogger Chrissy declared...

LOL. I remember the weekend you learned to hate cats. Does it appease you to know the offending cat is no longer living? :-)

 
On 10.3.08, Blogger stephen declared...

Dude! I totally forgot about Wrigley. Seriously. That was good times. I should change it to the top six and add that. I love Milwaukee!

And Chrissy, yes it does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home