10.20.2008

Weekend Baking

I did some baking over the weekend. I had some bananas that were
looking quite over-ripe, so I decided to make some banana bread. As I
was doing my prep, I got inspired to try something different. I was
looking through the cupboard and my eyes fell on some
chocolate-hazelnet spread. It's most commonly available here in the
states as Nutella, but takes on other names in other parts of the
world. I don't recall the name of the spread I was using, but I can
confirm that it came from Belgium.

I ended up putting about two knife-fulls of the spread in with the
bananas, which I figure is roughly 1/4 Cup. I mashed up the spread
with the bananas before adding the mixture into the batter.

It turned out okay. There's just a hint of chocolate hazelnut
flavoring to it, but I would have liked it to be a bit stronger.
Perhaps next time I will use 1/2 Cup. Or I might try peanut
butter.....

1 Comments:

On 20.10.08, Blogger Pohono declared...

mmmmmmm. Nutella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home