5.26.2004

Ya gotta have faith, faith, faith

Hi! Tonight I thought I would talk about something that's near and dear to my heart. No, I'm not talking about you. :) I'm talking about faith. You know, the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen?

As a Christian, I'm supposed to have faith. But sometimes, it's easier said then done. I would have to say that for most of my Christian life, my level of faith has been mediocre at best. But I am pleased and excited to say that my level of faith has increased exponentially in the past couple of years. God has done some awesome stuff in my life, and because of the work that he's been doing, my faith has been growing.

Here's what I've learned: God can do anything I ask of him. He may choose not to do it, but it doesn't mean that he can't. But seriously, if you're a Christian, we need to stop thinking small. Think big! Think about the mountains in your life that just seem impossible. For me, my mountain is debt. Then think in your mind how impossible and overwhelming it will be to move that mountain. Then start thinking about our omnipotent God and all that he can do. I've been challenged to pray specifically for this mountain in my life and it's removal. And ya know what? That's crazy. But you know what else? I serve a crazy God. And I am going to pray and believe that God can move this mountain for me.

So what's your mountain? My challenge to you is two-fold: A) Pray that God will move your mountain, and B) Believe that God will move your mountain. God wants to prosper us and wants the best for us. It's time that we start believing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home