1.30.2005

Million Dollar Baby wants your money

It's been a while since I've had a movie to review. But now I have one. Today I went to go see Million Dollar Baby. "MDB" if you don't know, is a story about a female boxer, who gets a well-known trainer to train her and turn her into a fighter. I liked this movie a lot. And not just because I like Hilary Swank. I'm not a big fan of most dramas, but I was drawn to this movie because of Hilary, Morgan Freeman, and Clint Eastwood. I think Clint was outstanding in this picture, playing the role of trainer Frankie Dunn. The movie clocked in at over two hours long, but it didn't seem like it. Swank played the self-made boxer, Maggie. The relationship that developed between Maggie and Frankie was very believable and really helped to carry the movie. From Frankie's family problems, to Maggie's family problems, the two were kindred spirits, which carried through to the movie's conclusion. This movie, up for several Oscars, will definitely take a few trophys home next month. I would recommend this movie (as long as a little blood doesnt scare you). I'm giving it a "10."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home