2.13.2005

Bobcat Pretzels

Another painful Friday. Oi! Maybe it's the aliteration of February Fridays.

Kelly Clarkson was on Saturday Night Live this weekend. She died her hair blonde. I was rather disappointed. Unless she was filming another Justin and Kelly movie. Then she would have a good reason to disguise herself.

Kudos to my Maryland Terrapins who last night swept the regular season series with the dreaded Duke Blue Devils. It made for some very good television.

I'm currently watching Rich Eisen, Lincoln Kennedy and Rod Woodson learn to hula. It's funny.

Here's a quote from Beth Moore that I was reading last night.
The only way to open a door that God doesn't for you is to break it open.

Deep thoughts.

And while I'm discussing my latest reads, I was reading my Brennan Manning devotional last night and he was discussing living in the present. Bear with me as I do some more quoting:
Whatever past achievements might bring us honor, whatever past disgraces might make us blush, all have been crucified with Christ and exist no more.
But worry is not limited to the past. When the mind directs its gaze to the unknown future, it can spin fearful scenarios that also keep us in a chronic state of worry. This worrying about the future prohibits our being aware of the living present.

It was good for me to read because it is so dang easy to get caught up in the unknown future, nevermind my checkered past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home