2.08.2005

Glazer really wants Man United

So for those of you not in the know, very-rich man Malcolm Glazer (who currently owns the Tampa Bay Bucaneers) is trying to buy the Manchester United football (soccer) team. The team has made it clear that they have no interest in his ownership of the team. He has made two prior offers to buy the team and they have both been turned down. And now he's preparing number three. Read more here. I hope that he is denied again. Americans should not own English football teams. I'll take that a step further and say Americans should not own any foreign sports teams. We cause enough trouble here in the states. We don't need to export our American sense of "win at all costs."

And one more thing that I forgot to mention about the weekend. I changed the bulb in my left front headlight. Now that might not sound like much, but I'm not exactly a handyman, and my car knowledge isn't exactly definitive. So there was a certain amount of excitement that was felt when I finally figured out how to get the old bulb out and the new bulb in. And of course, I checked it to be sure and when it came on, I pumped my fist. It was a proud moment. I should also include that I knew of a girl who replaced her own headlight bulb as well several months back. So I, as a man, had to be able to do it. Or ask her for help....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home