2.03.2005

It's Lent Time!!

So Lent starts next week. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept of Lent, click here. Last year for Lent, I sacrificed all forms of cheese. That was mega-hard. This year I've found something almost as difficult. Starting Wednesday, I will be abstaining from all forms of candy, as well as fried foods. The only acceptable "candy-like" substance will be vitamin c drops or cough drops. I'm also considering gum as a candy for this period. As far as fried foods go, I'm not a big fried food eater, but I love french fries and I love chicken tenders and chicken sandwiches (can someone say Chick-fil-A?). And doughnuts, but I only eat those maybe once a month. So all that will be gone. That being said, I will have to get some chicken this weekend. Maybe some chicken-fried chicken at Cracker Barrel, or some buffalo chicken somewhere else. Cuz everything's gotta be baked or grilled for the next 40 days.

I've also decided during this period that I am going to focus my prayers on my family and friends. Not that that's any different from normal, but I'm going to be praying a little more thoroughly than I normally do. Because you're worth it.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond last night. And it made me want to go visit Italy. Perhaps it was because thats where they happened to be vacationing. Or maybe it was just the pizza that Ray was eating.

Hey, have I asked you if you would be interested in going to Germany in the summer of 2006 for the World Cup? If not, consider this your invitation. Drop me a line and let me know if you're interested. The trip would probably take place around the middle of June, 2006. It'll be a fun time. Fo shizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home