2.04.2005

from an email i was writing..

This applies to worship in a musical setting:
to clarify my recruiting efforts for Passion '06. It dawned on me that a lot of people, I think ____ included, have yet to experience a "total" worship experience. the setting and the skill of the musicians have a lot to with helping to usher people to God's throne and I think we as Christians often don't do it well. Of course, we are only humans, but if we're playing for God, we need to dedicated and we should not feel like we have end each song with a picked-out chord (my term....i don't think that's an actual term). But I think I yearn for people to be able to praise Him in a conducive setting.

And what I didn't write in the email, is that it is the responsibility of the worship leader to ensure that the service is designed to lead people to Him. We like to get caught up in trappings and various other "artistic notions" that more often detract and distract from a worship experience. Now obviously, I cannot speak for everyone, but I think sometimes people try to be too creative and I think that can hinder others. For me, give me my worship straight up. Not shaken, not stirred, and not on the rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home