3.07.2005

So it was just another trip to Target.....

I was going to do some shopping, then head over to Costco to do some bulk shopping. Saw a chamois rag that I wanted to pick up for my car. Went for my wallet...not there. Not stolen. I left it at home. On the other side of the river. D'oh! So as I was having dinner later that night in Harrisburg, I went home to get the afore-mentioned wallet. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting to make a left with an older (late eighties, early nineties) F-150 in front of me. When the driver put his truck into first gear, it jumped back. Now, I'm used to a little rollback with manuals, but this was a jump. I might even go sofar as to describe it as a lurch. So the truck lurches back roughly two feet or so and hits my bumper. Okay, that's not a big deal, I myself have bumped cars before. And because I'm writing about it, it has to get better, right? Well, the impact of this mini-collision, causes the truck's tailgate to fall. On my hood. Now I hear you saying "Dude, does this story get any better?" It does. The driver started driving away. And the tailgate scrapes down and off the hood of my car. The driver doesn't know what happened. So I follow the truck. As I following, I'm frantically trying to find a pen to write down his license plate, if he decides to run. I continue to follow him rather slowly (think OJ and the Bronco) and wonder what kind of person the driver is. Mean and nasty? Gay? Southern Baptist? Somebody's grandmother? Well, the driver pulls into the Home Depot parking lot. As the driver gets out of the truck, I call out to him "Sir, excuse me, sir?" I call him over to my car and tell him what happened. He notes that I must have been close to his bumper to catch his tailgate. I tell him that his F-150 must be a bronco in disguise. He apologizes and offers to pay for the repairs. He knows a guy named Joe who he thinks can take care of things. We exchange names and phone numbers. He agreed to call me tomorrow (Tuesday) to see if we can find a mutual time to meet with Joe. Fortunately there's not a bunch of damage to my car, it's just a small dent and two scratches (one that may be able to be buffed out), so I may end up taking care of it myself if it's cheap enough. So that was my trip to Target.

**I apologize for the poorly written excuse of a paragraph above. That's what stream of consciousness looks like for me. Also, some of the above story was embellished, but only for entertainment purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home