5.18.2005

Dark and Lilght

That's the best way to describe this post.

Dark. I watched something very bad last night. Have you guys heard about the tv show that Britney and Kevin Federline were putting together? Well, I watched it last night. I'm sad that I did. I was looking forward to some behind-the-scenes type insights into touring, traveling, and performing. That's not what it was. It was Britney, talking about relationships and sex. Here's the only gem that I gleaned from this experience. Neither Britney or Kevin believe in marriage. Don't take that as gospel truth, but I am 99% sure that that is what I heard. I'm sorry I watched it, and rest assured, I will not watch it again.

Light. Holiness. Holiness has been the subject of many of my thoughts and prayers over the past two or three weeks. I am currently reading The Pursuit of Holiness, by Jerry Bridges. And I'm becoming overwhelmed with how much of a fight it is to not only be holy, but stay holy. I'll worry about staying holy sometime, but right now, my focus is on becoming holy. As I start to examine my life and take a look at my priorities, things get ugly. I don't often slander people out loud, but in my head? That's another story. Lot's of people have road rage. I do too. But I don't often verbalize it. More and more, I think the Holy Spirit has been prodding me immediately after I have thought something. I remember getting on to the turnpike one afternoon last week and complaining about the people in front of me driving slow-as-snails on the on-ramp. Immediately after I had those thoughts, these words came to my mind "May the words of my mouth, and the thoughts of my heart, bless your name, bless your name, Jesus." I am encouraged because as I have been praying, these things are coming to light. But I'm disappointed because if they weren't there, they wouldn't have to come to light.

All that to say that holiness is a hard road. But I've reached a point in my life where I feel that I'm up for the challenge. And because God's in it with me, I have the confidence that I can do it.

Also, the new Starbucks in Camp Hill opens this Saturday, the 21st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home