5.16.2005

A weekend of firsts..

Saturday, I went home for the first time in probably five years. Home, for those of you wondering, was Waldorf, Maryland. As suspected, some things changed, but a lot of stuff still looked the same. I've always wanted to share my hometown with people, but most, if not all of you were busy on Saturday. So I've created a photo blog. Most of the pictures here will have been taken by my cell phone (hence the name of the blog), but every once in a while, you'll see a photo from the digital camera. So check out my latest internet creation here.

Later on Saturday, I went to the Hofbrauhaus in Abbottstown, Pennsylvania. I would link to the website.....if they had one. If you like German food, you should definitely check this place out. It's a little out of the way, but it's worth it. The food was great, as was the service. I had the weiner schnitzel with HOT potato salad and potato dumplings. The only thing I didn't like was the dumplings because they were not the consistency that I was expecting (and never having had potato dumplings, that expectation was formulated in my imagination). I also enjoyed the company of my dining companions, so if you were one of them, thank you.

Finally, Sunday was the first service in our brand-spankin-new church building. From my vantage-point, things went relatively smoothly. But there is always room for improvement. One nice touch was that they had two ladies signing during the choir numbers. I complimented the choir director on that and told him that he should do that all the time. He said he would, if he could have a choir that large every week.

And that's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

On 16.5.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

I used to think of Mr. Steve every time i drove by Grace on my way to a client in Southern Md... I wonder if I ate in that McDonalds... hmmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home