6.27.2005

Thersly

Congratulations to the Messiah College Solar Splash team, who placed fourth in this year's competition. Etown entered for the first time this year, and they placed tenth.

For the record, I will put down money that when War of the Worlds opens on Thursday, it will make less money that Batman Begins did. Batman opened with a five-day pull of $72,896,986, which breaks down to $14,579,397/day. I don't know if Hollywood will include the holiday with their figures or not, but 15 mill a day is going to be a pretty tough task.

Paul Winchell passed away last Friday. For those of you who didn't know (and there's probably a few of you), he was THE voice of Tigger. The only voice. Tigger just won't ever sound the same...

And on a non-related note (but which I was reminded of yesterday), I saw Star Wars Ep. III last week again. I was much more aware of Anakin's fear of death. Even from the opening scene where he and Obi-Won are in battle, when some of the guys covering them start getting hit, he wants to go back and help them. He didn't want them to die. He didn't want to kill Dooku, and I feel fairly confident that he wouldn't have killed Mace. What I'm not quite sure of, is how you balance that out with the slaughter of the younglings, who I didn't think we would kill. But the road that Anakin took to the dark side seems to be much more defined for me now. He took Fear Avenue to Anger Way, then followed Anger down to Hate Drive and turned on to Suffering Court.

1 Comments:

On 27.6.05, Blogger Ellie declared...

Looks like my Golden Tornadoes decided to sit this year out. Probably a good thing. And props to Messiah. You know their boat house is right next to my place. Ahh, the memories. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home