11.21.2005

I'm a-musing.

This past weekend, I had the very great and wonderful opportunity to be a part of a musical production at my church. It was, in a word, great. I may or may not have documented the fact that I was apprehensive about this production because it was the first time I A) had played in an orchestra, and B) had to read music (since I took lessons back in high school). But it turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. The choir folks were all nice and I enjoyed the direction of one D. Curry. Last night, I actually found myself a little sad because we weren't going to be doing the production anymore. But I believe that's a good thing. Because it makes me more likely to participate in this sort of event in the future. Because my experience was good.

And it was also interesting for me in another way. I got a lot of compliments. And for those of you who meet in Grantham on Thursday nights, you'll know the relevance of this. People were coming up and offering all sorts of compliments. It was all very flattering. And then late on Saturday night, it occurred to me that I don't deserve any glory at all. I'm just a man. God deserves it all. I'm hoping to train myself so that when I get compliments in the future, I can be quick to give Him the glory.

Finally, I want to let my snow-loving friends that I am actually rooting for snow on Thursday. Now don't think I've changed my ways and become a new man. Because I haven't. But I do recognize that the snow will make you a happy lot. And it will give you a little extra something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. I'm not planning on going anywhere, except for maybe a run if the precipitation stops, so I'm okay with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home