1.11.2006

Amazing Dental Technology


Okay, the past two Wednesdays, I've spent my early evenings in the dentist chair at Verber Family Dentistry. I had a bunch of cavities. Crazy huh? That's what I thought. I had changed my dental brushing habits after the last check-up, so I wondered if that had anything to do with it (what I used to do was use a manual brush in the morning and a sonic toothbrush at night, then I switched to sonic all the time). He said no. He said that there is finally technology available that can see stuff that's not on the surface. To the left, is the Laser Cavity Detector. To read what this bad boy does, check out this article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. In a nutshell, it's like cavity sonar. It's kinda cool. The technology that is. Not having to sit in the chair and get the cavities filled. So this bad boy found four pre-cavities and nipped them in bud. And it found decay under an old filling that probably would have led to something painful and expensive later on.

But on the brighter side, the dentist said that I shouldn't have any further issues with cavities. And that's good news for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home