5.24.2006

Salty Thoughts

Specifically thinking about Chapter Seven of the Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoeffer. Here's the verse:
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
Matthew 5.13
Are you salty all the time? This is what I was thinking about. About how our "salt" is more evident in some situations then others. I may be salt at work, but among friends, I may be bland. When the going is good, I'm salt. When the going gets tough, I'm not so salty anymore.

And that's the challenge. Maintaining our salty consistency throughout all aspects of our lives. Whether at home or at work or on vacation or in line at the grocery store. The enviroment that we may happen to be in at any moment should not affect our saltiness. But it does. But the more we chase after holiness, the more consistent our saltiness should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home