2.20.2007

eDebrief

Okay. The eHarmony thing is done. I had three free days in which I initiated communication with four ladies, and received communication back from one. So in three days (which I didn't pay for), I don't think that's too bad.

I have to admit that the whole process, while rather restrained, was kinda fun. Not "barrel of laughs" fun, but "interesting" fun. It was fun to see the process that you have to go through and the questions that you're allowed to ask. At one point I realized that I was really scrutinizing people's answers. But then it occurred to me that it's very possible that others were doing the same thing to my answers. "What does she mean by that?" or "What kind of a guy would do that?" These were some of the thoughts that ran through my head.

However, if I want to continue with the eharmony, I have to pony up some bucks. If you sign up for a year, it's only $20.95 a month. But you can't pay it monthly. You also have six month and three month options which get progressively more expensive until you get to the "month-by-month" option which is $59.95 a month. No thank you. That's just too expensive in my opinion, even if it is "compatability matching."

Would I do it again if cost wasn't an issue? Can't say for sure. I don't know that it quite fits my personality to create relationships online. But then again, I'm not the most out-going person in the world either, so maybe that just makes it more convenient for me. But I'm not for certain that convenience is the answer here.

So for Diane, Sarah, Elizabeth (no, not that one), and Kassie, if it's meant to be, we'll meet again. But for the time being, I think our matches are going to be closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home