6.20.2007

Bananas

Today I will have eaten four bananas in the past five days.  This is more bananas than I have eaten in probably the past 25 years.  In my efforts to eat better, I'm trying to increase my fruit and vegetable intake.  This is difficult mostly because there aren't a lot of fruits and vegetables that I like.  I still don't love bananas, but I'm getting used to them.  But I do love banana bread (without nuts).  And that's all I have to say about bananas.
 
Two Saturdays ago, Five Guys opened on the Carlisle Pike.  They're pretty much a quick-service burger joint.  If you take a look at the menu, it's hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot hogs and grilled cheese.  And hand-cut fries.  Having had Five Guys at the beach (and at the new location last week), they make a good burger.  They use fresh ground beef daily AND they offer A1 as a topping (throw on some of their fried onions and you've got yourself some good eats!).  And they offer peanuts for you to snack on while you wait for your order.  So if you like burgers, you should check it out (and invite me along)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home