6.08.2007

Father Knows Best

This thought came from yet another podcast that I've subscribed myself to.  I was listening to a series of messages by Andy Stanley, who's church is down in the ATL.
 
So he was talking about how we often take the position that "I know what's best."  You know what I'm talking about.  The opinion that each of us knows what we want and that what we want is the best thing for us.  I think the best thing for me is a new job.  I've been thinking this for some time now.  But despite my best efforts, I have still not found a new job.  So maybe I don't know what's best for me.  But I think I know. 
 
I fancy myself as a smart person.  I'm not an intellectual, but I manage (for the most part).  Yet I frequently fail to consider that God knows best.  I know he's looking out for my interests, but I don't necessarily associate that with the fact that not only is He looking out for me, but He knows what's best for me.  Beyond what I even can comprehend.
 
And so I have to change my mindset.  I have to stop and pray: "God, what job is best for me?"  "God, who is the best mate for me?"  "God, how can I serve you?"  And that's tough.  What if my current job is the best God has for me?  How do I handle that?  I obviously don't realize it, but it could be.  So I need to get to the point where even if I don't think that something is the best for me, I have to think that God knows what he's doing.  And that he's got my best interests in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home