5.14.2007

Do Not Fear*

*Part of the impetus for this entry is my current reading of The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis.

I would reckon that one of the key tools in the enemy's arsenal is fear. How easy is it for us to fear? What if I'm stuck here forever? What if she never talks to me again? What if the test comes back positive? What if I can't afford the repairs? What if?

And that fear will produce other side-effects. "What? You're not married yet? What's wrong with you?? If only you had better hair, or straighter teeth." That's the devil talkin' right there. He knows which buttons to push and his kind have button-pushing classes where they learn what buttons to push and when to push them.

But the only way that fear can have a presence in your mind is if you've put up a "Tenant Wanted" sign in your mind. If you give him an inch, he will try to take as many miles as he possibly can. That's his job. That's his life.

Don't let him. Greater is He that is in me. Ya gotta believe that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home