5.09.2007

Weekend Getaway: Hours 9-25

Pickin' up where we last left off.....
9:00pm - We've cleared out of the Westfield and walk across Market Street to our hotel. Lines are still deep at the Cable Car turnaround, but we're headed to bed. I notice someone setting up a drum kit on the sidewalk. *I should take a couple of minutes to explain that b/c we were only in town for a day, we decided to keep our bodies on EST as much as possible. So while we were going to bed early (per Left Coast standards), we were also waking up early.
10:00pm - Trying to get to bed. Can't. Person who set-up drum kit is now playing it. Hotel doesn't have air conditioning, so if I close the window, I'll fry. I close the window anyway. Still hear the beat. Might as well be cool while I suffer, so I open the window back up.
11:00pm - The drumming continues and my rage mounts. At least the bed is firm.
12:00am - The drumming stops. Sleep commences
1:00-am - 5:59am Sleep
6:00am - Wake-up and make our way out to the Cable Car turnaround. We're the first people there.
7:00am - We find ourselves at the top of Lombard Street just a few minutes after seven. It is blissfully quiet and we take our time taking pictures and walking down the street.
8:00am - We complete one round-trip on the Hyde-Powell line and decide to get some breakfast. My pre-trip planning brought us to Sears, home of the Swedish Pancakes.
9:00am - Breakfast out of the way, we hit the Cable Cars and ride up and down California Street.
10:00am - We reluctantly get off after our last ride and head into the hotel and check out. We head down to the BART station for the ride back to the airport.
11:00am - We make it to the ticket counter by 11:45, but the line is long.
12:00pm - We meander through security and make it to the gate by 12:30. But they're not giving us any real food on the plane, so I make a dash for a Chicken Caesar Sandwich (that happened to be on awesome parmasean-herb bread). We board the plane.
Thus ends my whirlwind weekend. I have to thank God for taking care of the big details (like allowing us to get on the plane to and from San Fran) and the small ones (Mexican Chocolate Chip Cookies) and for forgiving me for the rage I had. Also thanks to the photographer for coming along on for the fun.

You can see some more photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home