3.29.2007

Sanctuary

This is one of those topics that I may have discussed in one of my prior 992 posts, but I can't recall it.

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to sit in an empty church sanctuary. I had showed up for the Renovare sessions a bit early and decided to head into the sanctuary (the sessions were actually being held in the gym) to pray. It was a beautiful time. Just to be able to pray and rest in God's presence in a space where the Church regularly meets was wonderful.

I love hanging out in church sanctuaries. I don't know for certain why that is, but I always seem to find peace there. And it doesn't even have to be a small sanctuary (like I was in on Saturday morning). I also enjoy just resting in my church's rather large sanctuary. When there's no one else around, there's an air of anticipation. For me it's kind of electric, but in a very subtle way. I don't know that that makes much sense when you read it, but it jives in my mind.

Look for the conference wrap-up tomorrow (hopefully).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home