3.27.2007

Rocky Top

I'll get back to the Renovare conference in a few days, but I wanted to take a quick little detour. Don't worry, it's quick and painless.

Tonight, the Tennessee Lady Vols play Ole Miss for the right to go to the Women's Final Four in Cleveland. I happen to like the Lady Vols. I really like their coach, Pat Summitt. She's a great coach.

Well, I was researching the Lady Vols this morning and looking through their roster. I found a Senior guard by the name of Elizabeth Curry. Take a look at her profile and see if anything strikes you. No, I'm not talking about her involvement with FCA or Habitat for Humanity. Look at her basketball career. She did not play for the Lady Vols her first three years. That's because she was the student manager. But at the beginning of this season, Coach Summitt and her staff asked Elizabeth to join the team as a walk-on. How many people can say that they were a walk-on with the Tennessee Lady Vols?

I think it's great that Coach Summitt would give someone an opportunity like this. To be willing to bless your manager with a spot on the team shows a lot of kindness and love. And I think it's really neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home