3.13.2007

Talk Soup

That's the title of a show I would sometime watch on E! hosted by John Henson.

I tried my hand at making some soup over the weekend. Never made soup before, so this was unchartered waters. I decided to try corn chowder, because I enjoy a good corn chowder. Ingredients included corn, potatoes, onion, heavy cream, and milk. It also called for green and red peppers, but I decided to just use a can of Rotel instead (cause I like the extra kick).

For my first attempt at soup, I'm relatively pleased. It's much to runny for my preference, as I was hoping for something that was a little thicker in consistency. This is my fault because I added too much water at the outset (the recipe called for simmering two pounds of potatoes in one cup of water, but I didn't see that happening). So perhaps a little less water next time. But I was pleased with the taste. The Rotel didn't overwhelm the cream and corn tastes and just gave it a little bite. I know I can do it better next time. And I will.

This has been me talking about making soup. You may now surf on to the next site on your list.

1 Comments:

On 15.3.07, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I love Talk Soup! Congrats on the real soup too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home