5.07.2007

Weekend Getaway, Hours 1-8

So a friend and I hopped a plane a couple weekends ago and found ourselves in beautiful San Francisco. We had been trying to get to Savannah, GA, but that didn't work out. So we headed to Frisco.

I had never been out there before. I've been to Cali, but only to that part of the state where the stars are extra bright. So this was a whole new ball of wax. And those two cities couldn't be more different (they could, but I thought that phrase best captured my feelings). We had about 26 hours on the ground, so here's the hour by hour break-down.
12:00pm - On the ground and headed to find BART which is our way into the city. One of the reasons we chose SF was because we didn't really need to rent a car.
1:00pm - We make our way into the city and check ourselves into our hotel.
2:00pm - It's hot and I didn't bring any shorts. And the photographer spilled tomato juice all over himself. So we head to Marshall's.
3:00pm - After a nice lunch at Westfield (I had a crepe!) we went out and caught a streetcar and rode up Market Street and The Embarcadero and Pier 39.
4:00pm - We saw the Pier 39 seals and decided to take a little cruise.
5:00pm - Our cruise took us out under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. I took a ton of pictures.
6:00pm - We had very ambitious goals of actually walking to the bridge and then walking across it. This did not happen. Instead, we headed to Ghiradelli Square, specifically to find Frjtz'. If you are at all familiar with my search for frites, you know how this turned out.
7:00pm - Still hungry, we decided to head back downtown to catch some dinner. But we decided to take the Hyde-Powell Cable Car back. Unfortunately, catching the car at the turn-around involved a 30-minute wait. But the ride was glorious!!
8:00pm - We made it back to the Westfield and sat down to eat around 8:30 (I had the Curry Chicken from a Thai place). I finished up with some Stracciatella-flavored gelato.

And that was the first third of my trip. I'll try to get the rest of the trip up by the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home