7.23.2007

A long week...

I have a feeling that I will be writing a lot of stuff this week in my little online diary.
 
I was thinking, as I often do, about my friends.  Specifically, about the absence of sports-lovers in my daily life.  Watching sports (whether live or on the telly) is something that I enjoy doing.  And I enjoy doing it with people.  Not a whole herd of people mind you(the Super Bowl soiree being the one departure from that rule), but maybe one or two other people.  I used to have one or two other sporting fools who I could count on for referee analysis, but not so much anymore. 
 
So the obvious solution to this issue is to find new friends, right?  Well, I've been working on that, but most of the recent additions to the roster of friends aren't the sporting-type.  So now I'm considering how I can cast a little wider net.  I'm not exactly sure what that means or what it involves, but I have an idea in my head.
 
And in case you were curious to know the roots of today's thoughts, here's the 4-1-1.  I've been seriously mulling over going to a Redskins game this fall.  But I do not want to go alone.  And I do not know any other Redskins fans.  So then I decide to consider who the Redskins are playing and see if I can find a fan of the opposition who might want to come along.  This idea would have worked well this year, except for the fact that it was this year.  All my Bills fans are otherwise disposed this year.  And I don't know any fans of the Detroit Lions (Astute readers will note that every NFL team actually plays eight home games, and I have only made reference to two of this season's home games - the discrepancy lies in the fact that these two games are the cheapest available on the secondary market.).
 
More on the morrow..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home