9.13.2009

2:37:01

It is done.

I went for a run today, along with almost a thousand other folks. Thirteen point one miles.

The race started just a little after 8:00am and we managed to get to the start mat about a minute after the starting gun went off (or was it a horn?). I ran with two other folks for about the first mile, until it became evident that their pace was just a bit quicker than my pace. So I threw in my earbuds and cranked up the Hillsong United. I was feeling pretty good, when I switched to Switchfoot around mile eight. My brother-in-law (who was not running the race) met me just before mile ten to run the rest of the race with me. I had to make a quick bathroom stop during mile eleven, and then booked it for the finish line. I was very grateful for the strangers who cheered me on, along with family and friends who made me feel like a rock star as I hit the finish line.

Would I do it again? Possibly. But I'd like my next distance run to be somewhere a little more interesting and scenic. Until then, I'll probably just stick to 5K's.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home