9.12.2009

Things I've been thinking pt. I

During Bible study this week, I had a thought: The disciples were dense. Or maybe just ignorant. I was reading through Matthew and Mark and I found it remarkable the number of times that "the disciples didn't understand." I was sharing this with my group, and the comment was made that that sounds kind of like us.

And that got me thinking about how ignorant we can be sometimes in the things of God. We try to live lives that honor God, but we don't have time to read the Bible. And if we aren't reading the Bible, we're not seeing the instructions that Jesus has actually given us. And the trickle-down is that the "Christian" lives we're living turn out to be rather inaccurate.

Have you read your Bible today?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home