8.19.2004

Modern Medicine

Last night I saw one of the most amazing television shows I think I have ever seen. I was flipping through stations at 11:00 last night, getting ready for bed. And I came across a show on the Discovery Health channel. It was a story about a little girl from Afghanistan named Zubaida. She was severely burned in a fire at her home. Burns covered her arms, her neck, and her chest. Because of a lack of treatment in that part of the world, her skin tried to naturally heal itself. And when that occurred, it literally eliminated her neck, so that that her head was directly connected to her chest. It sounds disgusting and it was. She also lost mobility in her arms because when her skin tried to heal itself, it connected her arms to her abdomen above the elbow, so she lost a lot of movement there. Anyways, somebody found her in Afghanistan a year after the accident and promptly brought her here to the US. They were able to help her out trememdously. She looks like a whole different person now. I was simply amazed. Here's a link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home