2.19.2005

Reversal of Fortune

Tedi Bruschi was on top of the world three weeks ago. He had just won the Super Bowl. Last weekend, he was basking in the Hawaiian sun at the Pro Bowl. And on Wednesday, he had a stroke. He may never play football again. In less than a month, he went from a Rocky Mountain high, to a Death Valley low. It's a shocking example of how sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone. For me, it creates a startling realization in my life. I am thankful for what I've been blessed with. Family, friends, job, roof over my head, etc.. But just because I'm thankful, doesn't mean that I'm always appreciative. And I need to work on that.

The big news story in sports yesterday and today has been the impending return of the NHL. As you may recall, the NHL cancelled it's season on Wednesday. It very well may be back tomorrow. I'm excited. Not because I'm a huge hockey fan, but because I'm hoping that they give away free tickets to hockey games. Why would they give away free tickets? Well because they need to try and win the fans back of course. And nothing says "We Want You Back!" like free tickets. I enjoy watching hockey and would love to see a pro game, but ticket prices are usually out-of-sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home