7.19.2005

Appearences..


So I went out to Barnes and Noble last night to do some complimentary reading. Imagine my excitement when I saw this sign out front. Lots of drivers like to speed through the shopping center in front of B&N which makes it a little precarious for bookstore patrons. This sign probably won't make everybody stop, but hopefully it will stop a lot of the speeding.

I was watching the telly tonight and saw this lady:


Her name is Jennifer Rothschild and she has her own women's ministry. As I listened to her speak, I was struck with her dynamic presentation and speaking skills. And then I found out that she was blind. You would never guess it if you saw her talking. Appearences can be deceiving.

One more point. Some of you guys might have remembered a fellow by the name of Admiral James Stockdale. He ran on the ticket with Ross Perot in 1992. What I remembered most about him from the VP debate that year was that he was crazy. He seemed incoherent at times and very much out of his element. I really thought he was nuts. He died earlier this month. And only in his death, did I realize what was behind his bizarre behavior. He was a POW for seven years in Vietman. He was tortured terribly. He refused to let the North Vietamese use him as a propaganda piece by purposely disfigurring himself. It is also rumored that because of his extreme behavior, he causes the officers of North Vietnam to alter their captivity tactics because of their experience with Stockdale.

Again, appearences can be deceiving..

1 Comments:

On 20.7.05, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I think that whole 1992 ticket was crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home