7.14.2005

The day started out well..

Grrrr. So I have this bowl at work right? I use it for cereal or oatmeal. For the past week, I've used it for my Cracklin Oat Bran. After every use, I wash it out and place it in the dish drainer in the kitchen. This morning, much to my chagrin, I found my cereal bowl, in the sink, filled with the remnants of another person's meal. Another person's meal!!! Someone else was using my bowl without my permission! And they didn't even clean it!!

Moving along, the orginal plan this morning was to post another one of Brennan Manning's devos this morning. Every once in a while, good ones come along that I feel are worth posting. And it just so happens that we have two back-to-back.
For Paul, a new creation meant a total renovation of the inner self, a change of mind and heart. It meant far more than the passive union achieved in water baptism. To be "in Christ," he told the Philippians, means to have in you the mind of Christ Jesus, to think as Christ thought, to have the ideals Christ had, to throb with the desires that filled Christ's heart, to replace all your natural actions to persons, events and circumstances with the response of Jesus Christ. In a word, a Christocentric life means to live in the heart of Jesus, to share his tastes and aversions, to have the same interests, affections and attitudes, to be motivated in everything by his loving compassion. It means making the habitual thought patterns of Jesus Christ to be completely your own so that truly "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."

Yesterday, I commented on how hard it can be to love to love like Christ. It is just as hard to have the mind of Christ. Again, it's difficult, but we need to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home