7.10.2005

Look at the stars..

Tonight, jumped in the car and took a ride with a friend down to McLean Bible Church down in Virginia. Specifically, to check out the young adult service, which goes by the name of Frontline. This ministry has a lot of things going for it: Great facility, great worship, great support staff and great teaching pastor.

We walked into this huge lobby that was beautiful. I spent some time in their bookstore which carried archived church messages, as well as books and your latest Christian music releases. They had a pretty decent selection of stuff. We entered the sanctuary and ya knew something was different when you got the bulletin, which looked more like a small program (and it was a landscape layout as opposed to portrait). We found our seats in the theatre-style seating area (located behind the pew-style seating area). They had screens set up that featured a countdown clock that counted down until the start of the service. That was great because it told you exactly when the service would start. And sure enough, when the clock hit 0:00, the drummer clicked off a measure and the worship part of the evening. Worship included "In Christ Alone," "How Great is Our God" and several other songs. The band was excellent and really sounded tight. After some announcements and prayer, we had a short message. I was pretty excited about what the pastor spoke about. He shared about the importance of knowing what you believe and why you believe it. It helped motivate me because I had initially been challenged to do this very thing back in January. I have been slow to get on this, but this message helped renew my interest.

It was a great service and I will definitely go down there again. You should check it out as I think it's definitely worth your time. As opposed to Fantastic Four, which isn't necessarily worth your time..

On the dining tip, we had dinner at the Sweetwater Tavern. I had this great Roasted Chicken Tortilla Soup. It was fantastic. And the resaturant had a southwestern theme that was pretty cool. After the service, we headed over to the Silver Diner and I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Shake. It had these huge chunks of peanut butter cup in it that I know a certain friend of mine (the one who loves that peanut butter/chocolate combo) who would love it. And our waitress was named Alexina. How's that for different?

3 Comments:

On 12.7.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

So your frontline link took me to a page about a restaurant....

 
On 12.7.05, Blogger stephen declared...

doh! umm, yeah. corrected.
Gracias!

 
On 12.7.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

Your old friend Nancy was out here this weekend... I posted a bunch of pics on my site. It was good times. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home