7.05.2005

Whaddaya miss most?

I had a great or not-so great thought this morning. It had crossed my mind before, but I hadn't really taken much note of it. Here's the thought: When you're away, what do you miss most? I would like to suggest that what you miss most, is what you hold dear to your heart and what is important do you. When you're away for work or on vacation, do you miss certain people? Video games? Traditions? Routines? And of more interest, what DON'T you miss?

In answering this question myself, I can say that when I'm away, there are certain people that I miss. I often have those times where I'll say "Man, I wish so-and-so were here" (please substitute a real name for "so-and-so"). Or routines. I may miss reading the Sunday paper over breakfast. And you may say to yourself "Hey kid, what's so important about reading the paper over breakfast?" To that I say that it's important because it'a leisurely and relaxing event for me. I can have a fork-full of eggs in one hand, and the Sports section in the other. And I am content.

1 Comments:

On 5.7.05, Blogger matt declared...

I usually miss my friends. Ironically enough I almost never miss my church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home