7.03.2005

Thank you Forefathers!

Big rock show over the weekend. Here's an un-great quote that I pulled from the London show:
Chris Martin, leader of Coldplay (and husband of actress Gwyneth Paltrow), praised Geldof's campaign as "the greatest thing that's ever been organized probably in the history of the world" and said those who were cynical about it "are stupid."
Here's a link to The Guardian's take on things.
I went to Burger King today. I thought I might snag one of my favorite strawberry milkshakes on my way over to Borders to do some reading and small group prep. Imagine my horror, when the loudspeaker crackled "I'm sorry sir, we only have Strawberry Cheesecake right now." Nuts! They don't even know when the regular strawberry will return. So I went to Borders, without my shake. However, while I didn't get the shake, I got the opportunity to try the "Magic Berry Smoothie" in the Borders Cafe. For those wondering, the magic berry is blueberry. It was quite nice. She even put whipped cream on top.

Tomorrow is my country's birthday. I wanted to say that I am so glad that the framers of our consitution and declaration of independence were God-fearing men. As a country, we have wandered a long way from God, but I'm still thankful that they gave this country a foundation based on biblical principles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home