1.31.2006

Stuff

I've recently moved and I wanted to share two cool things about where I now live:
1. On a clear night, I can see the stars. Something I couldn't see from the apartment.
2. At noon each day, you can hear the church bells from a local church playing a tune (not just ringing the hour, but actually ringing an entire tune).
I'm rather excited for the weekend. You see, some friends and I are going down to IKEA. It's very exciting because my friends have never been to IKEA. They seen my catalogs, but not the store. Yet. There is also a football game on this weekend. I'm excited because I've invited a few people over for some food and fellowship. And there also happens to be a football game being played.

Have you ever planned a party for an event (like the Super Bowl) and found out that other people were also planning similar parties? And that people you had invited to your party were also invited to these other parties? I have. And I have struggled with the feelings I may have if people choose not to go to my party. I know my event isn't the only one in town, but my ego likes it when I invite people and they show up. It's not so happy when they don't show up because they chose someone else over me. I get jealous. Questions along the lines of "What do they have that I haven't got?" or "Why do they like that person more then they like me?" fester in my brain.

But I'm trying not to do that this year. The friends I have invited to this party were invited, not because of their party skills, but because they are my friends. If this was high school, and if you abandoned me, I wouldn't talk to you FOREVER! But I've matured, and if people don't make it to my party, that is a decision that I will not hold against them. I will be a little sad if they don't come (they are my friends, after all), but I will not let it ruin my party.

So the party will go on. And if you're in the area, and you're interested (and you don't have another party to attend), drop me a line. We'll hook you up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home