1.18.2006

Hey single people!

Are you ready to be married?

That's the question that I was chewing on last night. From a "physical time and space" perspective, I'm ready. But I don't know if my insides are ready. Allow me to explain. I have reached the wonderful age of 30 and I feel like I'm ready. But I don't know that my heart and my mind is ready. I've thought about problems I've had in my past, and whether they'll crop up or be magnified. I've had problems with jealousy. If I get married, and I see my wife talking to another man, will those jealous feelings rise in me?

This sounds kinda goofy, but I would really like to be the perfect specimen of a husband. Is that possible? From what I know, no. But that doesn't seem to stop me. Part of me wants to think there is some area of my life that is really blocking the path to marriage. Ever had that thought? It's that "if only" feeling. If only I was more outgoing. If only I had more hair. If only I spoke her language. Of course these thoughts are all silly. I find my indentity in Christ. But how about this one: If only I was more in-tune to God and His word. Or this one: If only I was more obedient. Or this one: If only I could show more love.

So that's been swimming around in my head the last day or so.

In other relationship news, Hilary Swank mentioned that she and Chad Lowe are working on getting back together. This encourages me because I've always looked at them as a "model" Hollywood couple (whatever that means).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home