1.13.2006

Come on over

My two favorite football teams are the Redskins and the Colts (the Redskins being the most favoritist of the two).

My Redskin roots are easy to trace. I grew up in a suburb of DC and and I'm a Redskin by birth. While Baltimore had the Colts for a long while, we were much closer geographically to DC. So that's not going to change.

The Colts are more interesting. I didn't start to follow the Colts until Tony Dungy came to town. I have a crapload of respect for Dungy. He's old-fashioned, but only in the sense that he has values. I think kinda like Joe Gibbs, but quieter. Anyway, to get an idea of the kind of guy Dungy is, check out this article from this morning's Post-Gazette. I'm also a fan of that good ol' boy, Peyton Manning.

And then after you're heart has been warmed, read this article. Then go back and read the Dungy article again to cleanse your pallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home