1.13.2006

The Word

So I was listening to a sermon on the old internet this afternoon. It was by Pastor Todd Philips, who is the teaching pastor down at Frontline. He gave this really good message about being engaged in the context of you and the church. It was a really good message that could probably be applied to anybody, anywhere. Here's a verse for you to chew on that was used in his message, from Luke 6:45:
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
That verse really resonated with me. I bolded that last part myself. When I say negative stuff about others, it's because my heart's not right. Because if my heart was right, I wouldn't have the need to say anything. And when I get frustrated, sometimes it is difficult for me to hold my tongue. And I think that is a result of getting caught in the moment, as opposed to the big picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home