7.27.2007

Movie Review - The Simpsons Movie

Before I write my review, I have to give a warning.  Certain people get and enjoy the Simpsons and certain people don't.  This review is for the people who fall into the former category.

After roughly 18 years, The Simpsons finally made it to the big screen.  As one might guess, the premise of the story runs something like this:  Homer does something stupid.  Marge warns him.  He ignores her and does something worse.  She gets upset and the rest of the episode involves trying to set things right.  Does that sound familiar?  That's pretty much how it goes in this movie.

I liked this movie.  I got to see all sorts of my favorite characters like Dr. Nick and Disco Stu and Ralph and Martin and Carl.  The story was mildly preposterous, but that's to be expected with Homer and the family.  As with the television series, the movie was full of sarcastic barbs aimed at politics, religion and pop culture.  Most of it was pretty funny stuff.  I found myself laughing out loud early and often in this movie.  And for those who follow the television show closely, it more resembled the middle years then the most recent years (IMHO).

I'm going to give The Simpson's movie a 9.  I laughed a lot and Ned Flanders got some primo screen time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home