5.26.2005

Powerball Fever!

So the fever is gripping my office. They've assembled an office pool with each person kicking in four dollars for two plays. Myself and one other person in my office declined and we have been assured that we will be the only ones reporting to work on Tuesday. Which is bad news. The good news is that one of my powerball-playing co-workers has graciously agreed to pay-off my car loan if she wins. So that will be nice. Which leads into this question:

What would you do with $150,000,000.00? This question was posed to me last week and it was fun, so I thought I'd ask you to dream and I thought you would be interested in seeing how i would spend it. So here goes:
Tithe on it
Pay off my church's mortgage
Pay off my parent's mortgage
Buy my sister and her family a new house
Pay my nieces' college education
Pay off my debt
Make sure the rest of my family is financially secure
Provide each member of my small group with a stipend
Buy a beach house for the family
Buy myself a townhouse
Buy NFL and MLB season tickets
Possibly consider giving Messiah College some money, specifically in the areas of outreach and women's athletics
Live in England for a year and follow a Premier League soccer team
Buy a boat
Have lunch with Richard Branson
Help out residents of Appalachia
Create a scholarship fund
Quit my current job (eventually) and start working at non-profits on a rotating basis (one or two years with each)
Take a cruise
Buy an annual pass for Disney World
Travel across each continent by train

And I think that still leaves me with roughly $75,000,000.00 which I'll put into some discretionary rainy-day fund or something.

God's Mercy

2 Comments:

On 26.5.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

Don't for get the taxes....ugh....

 
On 27.5.05, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I did that thing once with 50 mil. I had about 29 left over. Look on the bright side. If your office mates do win you will be up for some sweet promotions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home