5.24.2005

The Best Spring Ever..

from a temperature standpoint. Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba. I'm lovin' it.

I was watching one of my favorite television networks last night. They did a show about french fries. The show is called the "Secret Life of..." and the key there is that it's actually pronounced the "Secret Life of dot dot dot." Dots are the placeholder for the mystery food of which that show will be based on. Basically they do a history of that food, it's roots, how it came to the States, the different ways it's prepared and fun facts about it. So french fries was on the menu. They did a little piece on this little place in NYC called Pommes Frites, which creates Belgium-style fries with your choice of sauce. Besides wanting to eat french fries, I was also made to think about what I could do if I bought a fryer. I don't eat a lot of fried food, and my concern is that if I bought a fryer, I would fry anything I could find. So that might not be good. But I could make my own funnel cake. That would be good....

Last year I kicked myself for missing the Air Show at Andrews AFB. I missed it again. NUTS! Someone remind me not to miss it next year, please?

This weekend is the Artsfest downtown. Coincidentally, the Filmfest will also be occuring at the same time. They're showing Sgt.Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band at the Whitaker Center on Sunday night if anyone is interested. I'm planning on going. Steve Martin's in it, along with the BeeGee's, Aerosmith and others. It was made in the seventies, so you shouldn't expect any sort of theatrical masterpiece. But it is free.

I found this article this morning. The funniest part is the last paragraph. It made me laugh.

Finally, I celebrated one year of blogging last Thursday. And forgot to blog about it. So happy birthday blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home