5.30.2005

Thank you veterans!

On this Memorial Day, I am grateful for all those who have served this country and their families, specifically those who gave their lives in combat.

So, have I mentioned I'm reading this book about holiness? So because it's been on my mind, I was over at Borders today and did a little reading in the "Religion" section. And I found this quote:
The Holy Spirit gives us a "want to" desire - not just a "have to" obligation - to live a Holy life.

-Charles Stanley
Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit

I was thinking to myself about how it seems that when we are being obedient to God's Word, we are doing it because we feel like we have to do it. I can speak for myself in saying that I have definitely felt that way. But I've noticed in some things that I'm more apt to do things because I want to and not because I have to. More and more I'm finding joy in things like prayer, because I no longer view it as a chore, but an opportunity to talk with my God about what's going on in my life. For those of you taking notes, the key word in that last sentence was "opportunity."

The Sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home