5.28.2005

It's Saturday.

England and the US played a football match today. England won. Read what the Brits said here. Read what we said here.

So I was at Hersheypark this evening and I was watching people (as always). I had a thought. It's kinda out there, but bear with me. Lots of couples at the park. Middle school, high school and post school. And I had this thought: I could be married. Now that doesn't necessarily sound odd. But I was thinking specifically that if I wanted to be married, I could have gotten married. It may not have been right, but I think I could've done it. But I haven't. So I continued thinkin' and had these thoughts (in no particular order): I'm picky, I'm patient and I think I'm going to be a better husband for it.

Now understand, this is not applicable to everyone. There are married folks that read this blog, and those folks are happily married and as I implied, are ALREADY married, so this doesn't pertain to them. But waiting has allowed me to observe lots of relationships and marriages and to gain lots of insight based on those observations. Now, I'm not dating everything that moves, so I don't have a lot of personal experience. But I still think that my waiting is going to pay off for some lucky lady. Some day... But until then, I'll just continue my training. Ha Ha. I should get a shirt that says H.I.T. (Husband in Training).

A Sense of Humor

1 Comments:

On 30.5.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

I hear you on this one... I could have been married, too. Probably a couple times over if I had chosen to play those cards, and I think some people in my shoes would have.

But I didn't.... so here I am. And I'm happy for it. And maybe I'll make a great wife someday, and maybe I won't. But I will know that I've made an impact in a lot of people's lives and loved many people that I might not have ever even known if I had chosen to go the "must get married to be fulfilled" route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home