5.29.2005

Legislate or Hesitate?

So here's what I've been trying to work through today. I was invited to see a movie with some friends. And as I often do, I searched for and found a review of the movie that reviews the movie based on objectionable content. Here is the review that I found. So I found this review and immediately made the determination that I would not see this movie. I couldn't see this movie (Actually told someone "I can't see it"). I had no interest in seeing it to begin with, but thought it would be a funny movie to go "MST3000" on. But after the review I read, I couldn't even do that. So here comes the dilemma.

Do I share what I found with my friends who are going? Or do I trust their judgement and believe they made the best decision? I'm not sure about it. I don't want to seem like I'm imposing my views and morals on my friends. But on the other hand, I want my friends to strive for holiness. People don't like other people to tell them how to live their lives. And that's why I hesitated, and actually never said anything. So my friends are seeing the movie. And I still don't know whether I should have said something.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home