6.01.2005

Look what I learned on the TV

I was watching the Discovery Health channel, and they did a show about sex change operations. Here's the first thing I learned: the phrase "sex change" is very not politically correct. Now, it's called "gender reassignment." How's that for some interesting terminology? Here is what I was thinking as I watched this show. When did the medical profession decide that changing somebody's sex was okay?

I went to the batting cage last night. Check out the pics of me and Don Mattingly on the photo blog.

Now let's talk about Mr. Mayor, Ed Rendell. He's all upset because something like 80% of the school districts in the state voted against Act 72 (which would provide school districts with money from gambling revenues, provided the same school districts raised their local tax). He's mad. If I see him, I would say "Mr. Mayor, what I don't think you realize is that Pennsylvanians don't want that dirty gambling money." I don't think people want to spend other people's gambling money like that. I haven't lived in PA long, but I know that the commonwealth has done a pretty decent job over the past couple hundred years without slots. I'm just saying..

Forgiveness

1 Comments:

On 2.6.05, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

What Rendell didn't advertise, but the schools figured out on their own, is that the money has certain stipulations attached to it that could cause a school to actually lose money in the long run. It is speculated that Fast Eddie did this to gain votes in low income urban areas where the schools have very little money, and would welcome the gambling money knowing that they would never be able to live up to the longterm goals. Slick, but it doesn't look like it worked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home