7.21.2005

This is better.

I started working on an entry talking about the John Robert development, when I found something better. I think.

I saw this article, and immediately thought that a friend of mine would enjoy reading it (just based on the picture alone). Then I actually read the article. And most of the article is fluff. But George Eads quote in the second paragraph resonated with me.

The reason that he isn't getting married, is because his parents got divorced. Having not experience divorce before, I can speak directly to the issue. But I'm rather concerned that his parents are the reason why he has no interest in marriage. Has the prospect of marriage become so bleak that people will let the results of their parents' marriage influence their decision? Perhaps he thinks that if people like his parents, who he probably respected, can't stay together, that he shouldn't even bother. That saddens me. I'm not sure if I'm more saddened by a perceived lack of faith in the institution of marriage, or that perhaps it's a self-esteem issue.

Regardless, it makes me sad to see people shunning marriage because living together is just so much more convenient. Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home