11.22.2006

The People I Love

Thanksgiving is something that I try to celebrate everyday. But I usually only have a turkey dinner with my family once a year. Here's a little poem that I wrote as I was recalling some of the things I'm thankful for. And for a change, it's not a rhyming poem. It's called "The People I Love.".
The people I love
They have many names
They like sports
And they couldn't care less about sports
They remember me
and they forget about me
We can relate
and we can't understand each other
They know too many Monty Python quotes.
I know two.
"Wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more, say no more"
And "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
They don't like hymns
I do.
They drink whole milk
I drink skim
They like numbers and equations
In two semesters of Accounting I averaged a C-
We're different,
But we're the same.
They're the people I love
And you know your name.
Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home