6.03.2004

And now, the news......the fashion news.

My keen eye caught this on relevantmagazine.com. And so, I'll be discussing fashion today.

Three cheers for "Ella Enchanted" (not the movie, Ella Gunderson). It's refreshing to see someone stand up and ask for change. Especially someone so young. The fashion standard for our children and young adults has fallen like low-rise jeans. Many girls these days are fond of the belly shirts. But some of them believe that they are actually for girls who have bellies. What exactly is the harm in keeping your stomach covered up? Oh that's right, it harms your coolness quotient. Right. My bad. [In the interest of full disclosure, the lawyers of this blog have advised me that I should make known the following information: Many, many years ago, I actually owned a half-shirt. I don't know why, but I did. But rest assured, it is no longer in my active wardrobe. Please don't think any less of me]

I had a good phone conversation last night with an old roommate. It was perhaps the longest phone conversation I've had in quite a while. But it was good, and it didn't seem as long as it was. It is very easy to forget friends from our past, especially when we don't keep in regular communication. One month, can quickly accelerate into six months, just like that. But you have to make a conscious effort to keep in contact with people. Sure, you can wait by the phone for the other person to call you (cuz if they're really your friends, they'll call), but really, where does that get you? Lemme give you a hint: One word, starts with an "N," ends with an "E." And it has "owher" in the middle. So hey, pick up the phone!

Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home