2.24.2005

Oh Queen Amidala..

Natalie Portman got herself in trouble in Jerusalem. Apparently you are not supposed to be kissing actors at the Wailing Wall.

Last night I participated in one of the top three racquetball games I think I've ever played. It was fierce, and I won, but it took a lot out of me and I was unable to play a third (and deciding) game.

I was watching a little bit of the Today Show this morning as I was getting ready for work, and they were discussing the Pope's new biography. Kutie Couric was talking to someone in London about a paragraph in the book in which the Pope compares abortion to the Nazi genocide. She asked "Isn't that a bit controversial?" I don't recall what the gentleman's answer was, but I was struck by the fact that she was trying to make a big to-do about something that I don't think deserved it. Perhaps she was trying for the Catholic vs. Jews angle, or perhaps she was trying to paint Catholicism as ancient and politically incorrect. Or perhaps I'm just writing this to make you think...

It's supposed to snow 3-6 inches here today. I'm calling for three inches, max.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home